Monday, January 07, 2008

I introduced Dancing Girls!


Fr Mildew has been making some predictions for 2008, this is his December thought.

Fr Finigan and Fr Blake both introduce dancing girls at Mass. Fr Mildew is so horrifed that he has heart attack and dies...

Well yesterday after Mass I met a couple of young women, the conversation was basically, "I am "M", and this "K", we are dancing girls from Ukrania, we are dancing in Brighton for Christmas." I introduced them quickly to another parishioner who speaks both Russian and Polish, before someone else wanted to introduce their newborn baby to me, born on the 23rd December.

No way are these young women going to dance at Mass, but I did introduce dancing girls at (or rather after) Mass. Call me a liberal if you must!
I must check to see if Fr Mildew is alright.

7 comments:

JARay said...

I did comment on his blog that I sincerely hoped that none of these dreadful events would occur.
JARay

gemoftheocean said...

Oh, I don't know Father. Think of the possibilites. Kid, ya gotta get a gimmick!. (Thanks for the blog fodder!)

Anonymous said...

Tell them to save it for the pub..over at my blog!lol

Fr Ray Blake said...

Benny, Thank you for you advice, which I have taken.

Tom said...

Now imagine doing something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz2aE6DvHDc

j/k :-D

Tom said...

Now, imagine doing something like this, Father: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz2aE6DvHDc

j/k :-D

Anonymous said...

dear father, i hope you didn't mind me saying so. no offense intended, you are clearly a well intentioned priest and sometimes we all forget the perculiar semi public/private nature of the web. god bless!

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...