Monday, July 02, 2007

The Cult


Raymond Blake --

[noun]:

A person of questionable sanity who starts their own cult



'How will you be defined in the dictionary?' at QuizGalaxy.com


sat/tip Mac for this piece of amusing trivia

I am a bit worried about the cult business, one needs a degree of insanity to be a city centre priest but I am worried The Cult.

One or two of my female parishioners have pictures of me, not a cult I started or encouraged. I am worried that there has been a spate of "lost" cats locally, I fear it all started with the blogpic of me. I refused to put a picture up for ages and then found a dreadful one someone had posted in a magazine for Brighton's unemployed and thought better to make one available.

Pagan priestesses and witchcraft are very Brighton thing.

I think Mac is wise with the back view, especially if one cares for cats: no picture, no cult and the pussy cat sees another day.

6 comments:

Mulier Fortis said...

Ummmm... not sure how pictures and cats are linked here, Father...? (But then, maybe it's a Brighton thing!)

The Bones said...

Henry and I still maintain that pic in the Unemployed Centre mag was ace. People in the group said you have a very kind and friendly face.

Fr Ray Blake said...

Mac,
Offerings,by priestesses on the cultic altars, but yes a Brighton thing.

Fr Ray Blake said...

B. Gard,
Kind but ghastly!

Anonymous said...

Well, if you need a pro...I think there's
help available.


Though, to my mind, if I squint enough after a beer you look a little like Jack Lemon.

Ttony said...

A hero for New Age Brighton: that should impress the Bishop!

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...